As a precursor to your arrival and your Sarasota moving company’s arrival you should confirm that utilities are on, your movers have the correct address and best route to get to your new home, and go over with your family their role in the unloading process. We don’t want them to impede your mover’s progress in any way. When the moving company arrives at your home there are few things you must do. Let’s go over them.
- Review your move plan with your moving foreman
- Review the inventory list as items are being unloaded into your home
- Make sure items are being placed in the proper location
- Only unpack items that you will need for the first two days. Primarily your focus should be on creating a wholesome family environment. Unpack the remaining items over the next two weeks
- As you unpack, make sure there are no damages. If your moving company is unpacking, make sure you supervise the process
- Manage your boxes and supplies by either storing them in a specified area or prepare them to be recycled
- Be prepared to handle payment
- Contact your moving company to report the level of quality, service and value provided
- Check on your mail delivery
- Register your children for school
- Check with your utility company on delivery of trash receptacles, water restrictions and more.
Performing these simple steps will help your Sarasota moving company get you safely and smoothly into your new home.